Uniting Barwon Volunteer Opportunities
Uniting Barwon are recruiting motivated, reliable volunteers to the following roles:
Retail Assistants - mid-week and Saturdays
- Indulge your LOVE of op shops and customer service, make friends and have fun!
- Regular mid-week shifts at Highton, Geelong West, Point Lonsdale or Norlane
- Weekly or monthly Saturday shifts at Highton, Geelong West or Point Lonsdale
Logistics Head Volunteer - 3 mornings a week (e.g. M/W/F or T/Th/F)
- Lead the maintenance and transport team (job share possible)
- Roster volunteers and schedule tasks (computer skills an advantage)
- Rewarding opportunity for a tradesperson transitioning to retirement
Christmas Programs Head Volunteer – various shifts from now to end Dec
- Proactively assist our Emergency Relief Co-ordinators with the co-ordination and running of the Uniting Barwon Christmas Appeal
- Use your highly developed interpersonal communication and rapport building skills to develop partnerships with key stakeholders (businesses, shops and schools)
- Co-ordinate team members to carry out admin tasks, pick up and sort donations (including food and toys) and assist our clients during the lead up to Christmas
- Sorting donations and food distribution
- Van crew drivers and jockeys
- Cleaning, grounds and maintenance team members
- Receptionists and interviewers
- 15 hours volunteering per week available at various sites
Uniting Barwon is an emergency relief agency providing assistance to individuals and families in our local community who need practical support during times of financial and personal struggle. If you—or someone you know—would enjoy being part of a can-do volunteer team, even for a few hours a week, please contact Elizabeth Hopkin on
4210 1113 or email [email protected]
Support vulnerable people in the community and help make a difference.
Volunteer appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal history checks, reference checks and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.