If positions are currently being advertised they will be posted here on the College website and also at www.teachers.on.net
St Joseph's is a Catholic Edmund Rice Education Australia Boys' Secondary College, with an enrolment over 1840 students. This college community is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care. We aim to create a child-safe and child-friendly environment where children are free to enjoy life to the full without any concern for their safety. There is particular attention paid to the most vulnerable children, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with a disability.
Music Administration Officer
(Full time ongoing - Education Support Category B)
Position: Music Administration Officer - Full Time Ongoing
Employer: St Joseph’s College Geelong
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Award: Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2018
Category: Education Support –Category B (normally works during the school term time only and receives paid school holidays)
Wage Range: $56 800 - $64 900
Closing Date: Sunday, 9 August 2020
The Music Administration Officer is responsible for key stakeholder management, and for the coordination of a wide range of musical events, as well as instrumental and vocal tuition.
In addition, the Music Administration Officer provides administrative support to the Director of Music and the Music Department as required.
NATURE OF THE ROLE
- Assists the Director of Music in the administration of the Music Department.
- To facilitate communication between music staff, instrumental staff, students and parents.
- To assist in the supervision of the Music Budget by maintaining yearly spreadsheet and actioning all invoices.
- Assist with the preparation and ordering of equipment and supplies for the music department.
- To be responsible for the use and maintenance of ‘Music Monitor ‘software.
- To communicate to Music students, staff and families via “Music Notes” and email.
- To assist with the administration of Solo Night, concerts, festivals, Eisteddfods, ACC events, Tours, Camps, Edstock and other music events.
- Assist with maintenance of order in music rooms, including the storage rooms.
- To oversee the Music Library in conjunction with Music Staff and organise legal requirement for copyright of music materials
- To be responsible for production and printing of any programmes for concert performances
- To coordinate maintenance, stock take, inventory, hire forms for instruments and equipment
- To coordinate enrolments for Instrumental Lessons and Junior Band.
- To prepare agenda and minutes for department meetings
- To be responsible for all correspondence
- Coordination of Instrumental and Vocal Tuition Program.
- Oversee the completion and proofreading of Instrumental Tutor Teaching Reports
- Administer the rosters for weekly Instrumental and Vocal tuition
- To liaise with Instrumental Staff to ensure lessons run as scheduled
The successful applicant would demonstrate:
- To oversee Care Monkey, School Related absences and travel arrangements
- To oversee lunchtime bookings for rehearsal studios
- Transportation of students from Westcourt Campus
- To assist in marking attendance marking for ensembles.
- To be available to support performances.
- Other duties as requested by the Director of Music.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
A high level of initiative.
The ability to work both independently and effectively as part of a team.
Well organised and work with a high degree of accuracy at all times.
It is anticipated that the Music Administrator would have the following:
Experience in administration of a challenging work environment
Competent IT skills.
The ability to relate well to staff and students
All individuals employed by the College need to have a Working with Children (Employee) Card and a National Police Record Check.
Please submit a letter of introduction identifying the position/s you are applying for and your resume listing three referees to:
Human Resources Manager
St Joseph's College Geelong
135 Aphrasia Street, Newtown VICTORIA 3220
Ph:03 5226 8131 I Email: [email protected]
Applications close Sunday, 9 August 2020
For general enquiries, please submit your resume electronically to [email protected], listing three referees, plus a letter of introduction to:
Mr Tony Paatsch, Principal
St Joseph’s College Geelong
135 Aphrasia Street, NEWTOWN 3220
Ph: 5226 8119 Fax: 5221 6983
Email: Human Resources Manager – [email protected]