We feel every student at St Joseph’s College has the potential to be a leader, who empowers, mentors, advocates and influences culture bringing about positive change. We encourage all students to develop their minds and learn from their actions.
Positions of leadership open annually in August. There are 62 Student Leaders across Mt Sion and Westcourt with additional opportunities to grow their leadership qualities at Waterford.
From the beginning of a students’ journey at St Joseph’s College there is a strong emphasis on service learning. This results in the development of leadership skills and integrity, with a focus on how our actions can help serve others. In equipping students with the skills required to live with purpose in a rapidly changing world, we prepare them to think and respond in a constructive and ethical way to the issues that affect people in our community, our country and our world. Leaders work with a team of staff to engage in projects specific to their aligned Touchstone. There is flexibility in this structure as we encourage students to target their passions and interests.
To have a strong commitment to justice and peace for all grounded in a spirituality of action and reflection that calls us to stand in solidarity with those who are marginalised and the earth itself.”
To be a part of building a community that is accepting and welcoming, fostering right relationships and committed to the common good.”
To be supportive of the St Joseph's culture and identity of the school, representing the EREA values of compassion, justice and peace and making those a living reality within our community.”
To promote the learning opportunities available at St Joseph's that facilitate a hope-filled, well rounded individual who takes part in building a better world for all.”
- Lead the Aspire team session
- Members of the E-safety team
- AIME Mentoring Program
- Assisting Year 7 & 8 NIXOR students to develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Life Changer mentor program
- Members of the Respectful Relationships Team
- Members of the Child Safety committee
- Promotion of Diversity week actions
- Building Bridges program developing intercultural and interfaith understating
- Challenging attitudes towards faith and spirituality
- Raising awareness of the communities we support on our Edmund Rice Day Celebration
- Promoting Service Learning opportunities and advocating for Project Compassion (a Caritas initiative) during the Lenten Season.
- Environment and Sustainability warriors
- Mental health promotion
- Advocates for all groups of people including those who are marginalized