If positions are currently being advertised they will be posted here on the College website.
Leave Replacement Vocal Tutor
Position: Instrumental Music Tutor – Voice Leave Replacement
Employer: St Joseph’s College Geelong
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Award: Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement
Category: Education Support Fixed Term
Position: 20 May 2019 – 29 November 2019
Wage Range: At FTE 0.29 $28, 000 – $28, 800 annual.
Closing Date: Sunday 31 March 2019
St Joseph’s College Geelong is seeking the services of a Voice tutor to join our vibrant music department for a maternity leave replacement position. The dates of employment would be from the week commencing Monday 20th May 2019 and concluding on Friday 29th November 2019. The position is for approximately 11 hours of teaching, which includes the direction of the college’s Vocal Ensemble. Availability on Thursdays is a must, however the other day/times can be negotiated. Availability on Wednesdays would be an advantage.
St Joseph’s College aims to create a child-safe and child-friendly environment where children are free to enjoy life to the full without any concern for their safety. There is particular attention paid to the most vulnerable children, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with a disability. Teachers are integral to creating this environment.
The duties would include the following:
• Sound knowledge of several vocal pedagogies and the ability to teach/convey them in a one on one and group capacity.
• Knowledge of and proven experience with teaching the AMEB Singing, (Classical) Singing For Leisure, Musical Theatre and CPM syllabus.
• Knowledge of and proven experience with teaching the VCE contemporary and classical voice lists of prescribed notated works issued by VCAA.
• Basic Piano skills, the ability to play scales and exercises and basic accompaniment.
• An ongoing commitment to professional development as a voice teacher.
• Proven experience in teaching young people to sing and working with changing young male voices ranging in age from Years 7-12
• Sound knowledge of voice science, vocal physiology and human anatomy and an ability to use this knowledge to inform your teaching.
• Ability to work as part of a music team
• Knowledge of the Estill Voice Method an advantage.
• Choral Conducting Skills and experience an advantage.
• Other duties assigned by the Principal.
The successful applicant would have:
• A current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration, or Working With Children (Employee) and National Police Check
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• A Bachelor Degree in Music, Postgraduate qualifications in Voice, Masters of Music Teaching or similar relevant instrumental/voice teaching experience would be anticipated.
Please submit a letter of introduction and your resume listing three referees electronically to:
Human Resources Manager
St Joseph's College Geelong
135 Aphrasia Street, Newtown VICTORIA 3220
Ph:03 5226 8131
For general enquiries, please submit your resume, listing three referees, plus a letter of introduction to:
Mr Tony Paatsch, Principal
St Joseph’s College Geelong
135 Aphrasia Street, NEWTOWN 3220
Ph: 5226 8119 Fax: 5221 6983
Email: Human Resources Manager – [email protected]