If positions are currently being advertised they will be posted here on the College website.
DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM
Employer: St Joseph’s College Geelong
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Award: Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013
Position: Ongoing Full Time POL 4 ($11 176 pa)
Wage Range: $83 000 - $101 260
Closing Date: Sunday 25 November 2018
The College is seeking an experienced teacher to fill the important role of Director Of Curriculum at St Joseph’s College 2019. The position will be a Full Time Ongoing position POL 4 position with 19 periods per week time release. The initial appointment will be for three years to align with the College POL cycle.
The Director Of Curriculum is responsive to the Deputy Principal Learning and Identity. They are responsible for providing leadership in curriculum planning, documentation, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of the College curriculum. The duties would include the following:
• Teach using acceptable methodologies including keeping abreast of current educational trends appropriate to your teaching.
• Provide leadership in curriculum planning.
• Chair the curriculum committee, including the framing of agenda and publication of minutes.
• Collaborate with the Deputy Principal Learning to develop a student centred 21st century learning environment including the development of contemporary learning spaces, high impact teaching strategies and virtual classrooms.
• Exercise membership of the Leadership Team, Curriculum Executive and the Operations Team.
• Implement Curriculum Plans.
• Oversee submissions to outside funding bodies.
• Ensure documentation of curriculum is current, correctly formatted, relevant and meets the requirements of the Victorian curriculum.
• Inform the Principal of significant curriculum developments.
• Disseminate curriculum material.
• Coordinate the preparation of course selection handbooks for various year levels.
• Coordinate the work of staff with regard to course selection.
• Organise and coordinate reporting procedures and dates.
• Oversee examination procedures and processes.
• Oversee the academic mentoring program.
• Oversee and support Direct Reports and others assigned specific curriculum tasks.
• Oversee the compilation and spending of curriculum-related budgets.
• Be responsible for the appraisal of Direct Reports.
• Assist with the induction of teachers new to the college and their appraisal process.
• Liaise with key school staff in curriculum-related matters.
• Arrange opportunities for parents to be involved in key curriculum decisions.
• Represent the college on external curriculum committees.
• Liaise with curriculum leaders of other schools, with special regard to Sacred Heart College.
• Collaborate with the Deputy Principal Learning to oversee the appraisal process for all teaching staff.
• Oversee risk assessments for college class camps, excursions and activities in accordance with the College OHS policy.
• Collaborate with events coordinator on awards ceremonies.
• Other duties assigned by the Principal.
The successful applicant would demonstrate:
Excellent communication skills.
Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
A high level of initiative.
The ability to work both independently and effectively as part of a team.
A current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration, or ability to attain registration, is a requirement for the position.
Please submit a letter of introduction identifying the position/s you are applying for and your resume listing three referees to:
Human Resources Manager
Email: [email protected]
Ph:03 5226 8131
Applications close Sunday 25 November 2018
For general enquiries, please submit your resume, listing three referees, plus a letter of introduction to:
Mr Tony Paatsch, Principal
St Joseph’s College Geelong
135 Aphrasia Street, NEWTOWN 3220
Ph: 5226 8119 Fax: 5221 6983
Email: Human Resources Manager – [email protected]