Br Francis Bertrand Jordan
Principal 1941

Br Francis Bertrand Jordan was appointed Principal in 1941.

According to John Kearney, Br Jordan took over the Principal's role for the balance of 1941. Jordan had been on the staff of St Joseph's for a few years and had been a key figure in the reconstruction of the College to accommodate the boarders. Jordan was described as able and popular, and it was a shock to the intermediates and seniors at their final presentation for the year when they learned he would be unable to continue due to failing health. 

He suffered what appeared to be a stroke and was sent to Albert Park to convalesce. 

Jordan House is named after him, a proud Irishman, Br Jordan is represented by the four leaf clover on the Jordan House crest.

< Return to Past College Principals